Bellingham Hub & Spoke
This is a 6-night motel-based Hub & Spoke based in Bellingham. The first day (July 23) is check-in day followed by Happy Hour and orientation at 5pm. The following five days are riding days with rides going in all four directions from Bellingham.
Rides are mainly on rural roads with minimal traffic, other than getting in and out of Bellingham. The rides are described below. The last day (July 29) is check-out day. The dates facilitate travel to and from the H&S on weekend days.
Date and Time:
July 23-29 2023
Start location And Ride Sign-In:
Leisurely: 13-15 MPH
Paved roads except for 1 or 2 miles of unpaved trail.
No rain cancellation
Non-Members can join TWBC and register for the ride online at Member Subscription for only $30.00.
Please respect the community when parking. Do not park in retail spaces or restricted areas.
Please come prepared to ride. We recommend you inspect your bike the night before. Along with your bike, bring an approved helmet, ID, water
bottle, first aid kit, tire repair equipment, other essentials, and a friendly attitude. All riders are expected to ride safely and obey the rules of the road.
Online Map Routes & Resources:
- Bellingham to Skagit County Short Ride
- Bellingham to Ferndale Loop
- Bellingham to Everson Loop
- Bellingham to Lummi Island
- Bellingham to Lynden Loop
Arrangements have been made for a block of rooms at the Coachman Inn, 120 North Samish Way. Participants should phone 1-360-671-9000 or 1-800-962-6641 to arrange rooms by June 23, 2023. Please specify that you are with Charlene’s cycling group when you book a room. Room cost for 6 nights is $594.16 (including tax) for a room with 1 queen bed and $621.86 (including tax) for a room with 2 beds. This includes a very good continental breakfast.
The motel has an outdoor pool and is close to several restaurants, a grocery store and REI. There is a $50 charge per person to cover daily Happy Hour snacks which will be provided. Group size is limited to 12, including 2 ride leaders.
Rides are as follows:
- West to Lummi Island - This is a 50-mile (1800’) ride going north and west to Lummi Island, taking the ferry across and riding around Lummi Island, then back.
- East to Everson – This loop ride will take in Nugent’s Corner, Nooksack and Everson. The ride is 48 miles with 1700’ of elevation gain.
- North to Lynden – This loop ride goes to the quaint Dutch-influenced town of Lynden and is 47 miles with 1400’ of elevation gain.
- South to Edison and Skagit County – This ride follows the Chuckanut Drive south to the Farm to Market Bakery and returns via a different route. The ride is 39 miles long with 1900’ of elevation gain.
- North to Ferndale – This is a shorter loop ride going for coffee or lunch in Ferndale. The ride is 24 miles long with 750’ of elevation gain.