6pm January 21st in the Wheelock Meeting Room at the Wheelock Library 3722 N 26th St, Tacoma, WA 98407
- Hits: 18
At 6pm the TWBC meeting was held. Items completed :
- 2020 Budget reviewed, discussed, and approved.
- 2019 Treasurers report reviewed, no issues.
- Discussion on 4 club options going forward.
- Attempting to go back to doing full up ride events,
- Moving forward operating as we did last year,
- Close down.
#2 was selected with virtual unanimous consent.
- Nick Shelden was accepted and voted in as TWBC President.
- Dave Brocard was accepted and voted in as Vice President.
- The membership voted to have the next meeting in January (21st). Most probable location is the same library meeting room at Wheelock Library
- Membership discusses rides that the club can do to gain community participation and support. Some ideas to have some ~4 mile rides that families and entry level riders can make use of. 2 or 3 members suggested that new riders and new TWBC members need some feedback and contact from TWBC to assist in use, navigation, and understanding TWBC events/rides. There was some discussion on doing a market study to learn what we may not know about TWBC and its potential future success. Some riders in the Gig Harbor area have had a couple of rides but did not know who, or how to post them. Discussion on ride leaders, club insurance, and other tasks.
- Items for next meeting include :
- Board and Staff positions, discussion on tasks and who may fill anticipated voids.
- By Laws update, corrections, and agreement.
- Sub tasks on club organization what is or is not needed.
- Leading Rides & Ride Log accountability
- Non-ride club activities
- Hits: 311
Hello TWBC Members,
The League of American Bicyclists recently wrote about local clubs “Aging Out” and having a difficult time attracting younger members. Well, unfortunately your TWBC club is having the same issue. While we still have many active riders on our weekly rides, we currently have no President or Vice President and several board members who are also ready to retire.
For a long time TWBC has been an active vibrant club, hosting many rides while keeping Bicycle Advocacy as a main objective. We have supported many like minded groups such as Forever Green Trails, Foothills Rails to Trails coalition, Bikes for Kids, 2ND Cycle, Downtown on the Go just to name a few.
We now are at a point where we need to make a decision about the future of TWBC.
The board and others have identified four possible paths in moving forward.
- Do Nothing and hope things change. Status Quo.
- Continue as a riding club, continue Advocacy, and continue contributions to like-minded groups as part of our non-profit Charitable status.
- Seek a merger partner (possibly Cascade) which in reality means being acquired.
- Dissolve the club. Recognize that we do not have the leadership to continue and its appropriate to “close the door”.
We have Two General Meetings scheduled to hear your ideas and opinions.
- 1stMeeting; Tuesday, October 22nd from 6:00 to 7:30 pm
- 2ndMeeting Tuesday November 19th from 6:00 to 7:30 pm
Both meetings will be held at the Wheelock Library located at 3722 North 26th Street, Tacoma
We hope to see you there!
Your TWBC Board
NOTE: Only current club members will have input into the discussion making process.
- Hits: 583
We're looking for a reliable cyclist to lead our popular ride from Proctor (the Monday route) on Saturdays.
Cyclists can get back by Noon if you hurry.
We're also looking for a cyclist to lead rides across the Narrows Bridge on Sunday mornings for all levels.
Longer ride would go to Kitsap County line.
Or use the TWBC CONTACT FORM
- Bob Myrick
- Hits: 879