Ashford Bicycle Week Festival
This is the second annual Ashford Bike and Hike Week with four days of very challenging gravel and paved riding.
You might also like to ride on your own in Mt. Rainier National Park for at least two days.
Date and Time:
August 7-11 2023
Start location And Ride Sign-In:
Rides vary. See description below.
Leisurely: 13-15 MPH
Paved and gravel roads.
No rain cancellation
Non-Members can join TWBC and register for the ride online at Member Subscription for only $30.00.
Please respect the community when parking. Do not park in retail spaces or restricted areas. Carpooling is encouraged.
Please come prepared to ride. We recommend you inspect your bike the night before. Along with your bike, bring an approved helmet, ID, water
bottle, first aid kit, tire repair equipment, other essentials, and a friendly attitude. All riders are expected to ride safely and obey the rules of the road.
Online Map Routes & Resources:
- Ashford to MTTA South District Loop
- Ashford to Pack Forest
- Ashford to Silver Creek Pass
- Ashford to Stevens Canyon
This is the second annual Ashford Bike and Hike Week with four days of very challenging gravel and paved riding. You might also like to ride on your own in Mt. Rainier National Park for at least two days. You can also ride some easier routes like Skate Creek to Packwood, Skate Creek to High Rock hike or a secret way to Longmire with some hiking. If you ride every inch, you could see 34,000 feet of climbing and over 400 miles or 24,000 feet in four days of riding, truly a Mt. Everest Challenge. Here are the proposed Big Rides and all are listed on Ride with GPS:
- Monday. Ashford to MTTA South District Loop, 27 miles and 3,441 feet. The Petite Loop is 20 miles and 3,042 feet.
- Tuesday. Ashford to Pack Forest, 43 miles and 3,436 feet.
- Wednesday. Ashford to Silver Creek Pass, 55.5 miles and 5,031 feet. The Petite Loop is 44 miles and 3,942 feet.
- Thursday. Ashford to Packwood to Windy Ridge on Mt. St. Helens and Mineral Lake, 143 miles and 11,257 feet. The Petite Loop to Packwood to Morton to Mineral Lake is 87 miles and 4,040 feet.
- Friday. Ashford to Stevens Canyon, 82 miles and 6,279 feet or Ashford to Longmire to West Side Road, 36 miles and 3,660 feet. This is Mt. Rainer National Park.
Here are the proposed Easier Rides and Hikes:
- Monday. Ashford to Longmire for lunch and some hiking.
- Tuesday. Easy hike to Sahara Creek.
- Wednesday. Ashford to Longmire to West Side Road.
- Thursday. Ashford to Packwood.
- Friday. Trail Cleanup volunteer work on Old Hersey Road, first route to Longmire.
Ride Headquarters will be at the Sahara Creek DNR Horse Camp. Check-in is August 6 and the Hike & Bike week will be August 7 to 11. We have reserved 6 sites, #24 to 29. You can also reserve your own site. Ashford is very busy in August with limited lodging so it would be wise to arrange a place to stay soon. For Sahara Creek, you must have a Discover Pass available Online or at the Gas Station in Ashford. There is also limited camping near Elbe at Tacoma City Light Alder Creek Campground. You may also find camping along Skate Creek Road about 10 to 15 miles from Ashford and the USFS Big Creek Campground. There are numerous restaurants and two small stores with limited groceries in Ashford.