Ashford Bicycle Week Festival
The Tacoma Washington Bicycle Club is presenting the first annual Ashford Bicycle Week Festival with four days of very challenging gravel and paved riding. You might also like to ride on your own in Mt. Rainier National Park for at least two days. If you ride every inch, you could see 34,000 feet of climbing and over 400 miles or 24,000 feet in four days, truly a Mt. Everest Challenge. Here are the Rides and all are listed on Ride with GPS:
- July 11 Ashford to MTTA South District Loop, 27 miles and 3,441 feet. The Petite Loop is 20 miles and 3042 feet.
- July 12 Ashford to Pack Forest, 43 miles and 3,436 feet.
- July 13 Ashford to Silver Creek Pass, 83 miles and 5,763 feet. The Petite Loop is 44 miles and 3,942 feet.
- July 14 Ashford to Packwood to Windy Ridge on Mt. Saint Helens and Mineral Lake, 143 miles and 11,257 feet. The Petite Loop to Packwood to Morton to Mineral Lake is 87 miles and 4,040 feet.
- July 15 Mt. Rainier Park is not part of our official ride, but you might consider riding to the West Side Road, 36 miles and 3,660 feet and to Steven’s Canyon, 82 miles and 6,000 feet on your own after our event. Steven’s Canyon will be periodically closed for construction this summer with road reconstruction.
To register for the ride, you must join TWBC online @ $25 and then register for one of 100 spaces online @ $100 each.
This is a charity fundraiser for two of our like minded groups in Tacoma: ForeverGreen Trails and 2nd Cycle Community Cycle Shop. All registration fees will go to ForeverGreen Trails and 2nd Cycle. You can make additional donations to them online if you like. Your Ride Passport will have at least $70 of Free Stuff incuding a free beer at Rainier Base Camp, a free coffee at CampFire Coffee in Tacoma, a free water bottle at Tacoma Bike, a free mini tuneup at 2nd Cycle and a free wine certificate at WildSide Wine in Tacoma.
Ride Headquarters will be at the Rainier Base Camp Bar and Grill in Ashford.