Peninsula Metric 2018
The Peninsula Metric Century (PMC) is a challenging ride through the scenic Kitsap Peninsula. Enjoy panoramic waterfront views, rural countryside, and lots of rolling hills. Choose from routes of 60k, 100k or 100m. Riders will enjoy a well-marked course, support vehicles, fully stocked rest stops, and dessert at the finish line.
- Everyone will need to sign a release form and pick up a wrist-band.
- Riders planning on riding the 100 mile course will need to show up and leave between 7am and 7:30am.
- Riders planning on riding the 67 mile (100 K) course will need to show up and leave between 7:30 and 8am.
- Riders planning on riding the 38 mile course will need to show up and leave between 8am and 8:30.
Members, please Volunteer for the PMC and help your club. Remember Volunteers can ride free before or after your shift.
- 60k (38m) loop crosses the Narrows Bridge, loops around by Kopachuck, Crescent Valley and the Cushman Trail.
- 100k (67m) loop crosses the Narrows through Gig Harbor to Southworth, along Beach Drive into Port Orchard through Kitsap County and Purdy on rural roads with rolling hills.
- 100m loop, a very challenging course with seven thousand feet of elevation gain. It has all of the scenery of the shorter routes plus Wauna, Rosedale and Wollochet Bay.
Registration Categories Thru June 8
- Non Member $45
- Club Member $40
Online (only method - online registration closes 6/8/2018 11:59:00 pm PDT)
There will be no "day of" registration
Families with minor children
For registration purposes, children aged 17 or under may ride free when registered with an adult parent.
Parking and Transit Service
There is ample free parking at the start location. In any case, we encourage you to cycle, carpool or use public transportation. The Tacoma start location is at the Park & Ride across from the Narrows Theater.
Please come prepared to ride. We recommend you inspect your bike the night before. Along with your bike, bring an approved helmet, ID, water, first aid kit, tire repair equipment, other essentials, and a friendly attitude. All riders are expected to ride safely and obey the rules of the road.
Rest stops supplied with food, drink and sani-cans. Sag wagons will be near the route for mechanically stranded riders. Course closes at 5pm. Final sweep by sag wagons begins at 4pm.
Rider registration fees for TWBC events help to support , bicycling safety and education programs, and local bicycle improvements. Surplus food is donated to a local food bank.
This event is powered by dozens of TWBC volunteers—who receive free ride registration and a post-event party at Wildside Wine. Help make this event a success: Volunteer Here
Online map routes:
MAP MY RIDE:
RIDE WITH GPS:
GARMIN CONNECT (MAY REQUIRE LOGIN):
|Event Date||Jun 10, 2018 7:00 am|
|Event End Date||Jun 10, 2018 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||Jun 08, 2018 11:55 pm|
|Individual Price||$45 plus $5 discount for PAID members|
|Location||Tacoma Narrows Park & Ride|